5 Pillars of Hip Hop #4 of 5 – Beatboxing
For teens ages 13-17. Get the background and foundation of the culture you know and love.
Each workshop will be led by a subject matter expert who is also a local Charlotte-based artist.
The 5 Pillars of Hip Hop consist of and are taught by the following respectively:
1) Breakdancing (Tori Purdy) – June 10th, 2023 (11:30 AM-1:30 PM)
2) Graffiti ( Deneer Davis) – July 8th, 2023 (11:30 AM-1:30 PM)
3) DJing (Backspinz) – July 22nd, 2023 (11:30 AM-1:30 PM)
4) Beatboxing ( Evan Wallach) – July 29th, 2023 (11 AM-1 PM)
5) MC’ing (Myrt’s Son) – August 12th, 2023 (11:30 AM-1:30 PM)
*We encourage you to sign up for any and all workshops you are interested in attending.
This is a free event but you must register at https://bit.ly/3N1Km5P
3102 VisART – 3102 Eastway Dr, Charlotte, NC 28205.
***Enter through the garden gate to the right of VisART Video, and go in the door on the left at the end of the garden
We are capping the participation for the workshops at 20 teens per workshop.
***Each student must be chaperoned by an adult.
We hope to give Charlotte youth a foundation to build upon, to explore this enduring art form called Hip Hop, and to
culturally enrich their lives in a meaningful way.
This event is sponsored by ASC Culture Blocks.